Latest on my latest: A Dead Chick And Some Dirty Tricks

Like a sprawling shopping mall, or an ultra modern housing estate, or even a 2000 piece jigsaw of a bunch of unspectacular carnations, my latest novel A DEAD CHICK AND SOME DIRTY TRICKS is taking a lot more constructing than anticipated. 

The project managers are on site, equipped with hard hats, stern expressions and clipboards, going over every facet of the story in detail. 

In short, it's not finished yet. 

It's still at least couple of months from completion in fact but, as I say with every novel I write, it's my best work yet. (Stop yawning at the back.)

It represents my first foray into the detective genre, although there will be my usual touches of horror, madness, utter carnage and the odd weirdly named character (one of the main ones is called Dino Camballi. Seriously. And no, he's not Italian. He's from Rotherham.)

But enough spoilers for one post.

Here's hoping it's worth the wait...

This post first appeared on JonLymon.com So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment