And I Have Shared A Thousand Tweets, And I'll Probably Share A Thousand More...

Yes, I can't help but feel the need to mark a little Twitterversary, if you please.

Earlier this month saw the occasion of my 1,000th Tweet (spontaneous round of applause imagined, but not actually forthcoming).

While many Tweet this per month, I'm pleased to say it has taken me the best part of a year to reach this milestone, evidence surely of the quality of every Tweet I deign to share with whoever happens to stumble upon it.

Alack, many of my Tweets are repeats of older ones. So to say I've Tweeted 1,000 different messages is a bawdy lie. But, I've got books I need to draw people's attention to. And with every Tweet I've tried to be entertaining, and to not just say, here's my book, now click this link and go effing buy it. Although, I might try a Tweet along those lines to see if it works.

Because Twitter doesn't really work as a book selling medium, and nor is it designed to. It's good at drawing people's attention to blogposts like this, and I quite like posting the odd quote from one of my novels on there.

But don't expect it to act as a sales window for your novels. I didn't, and I haven't been disappointed.

Here's to the next thousand Tweets...

No comments:

Post a Comment