Twitter: Is there any point following fellow indie authors?

Being a bit green and wet behind the ears when it comes to this Twittering business, I'm discovering things as I go along, and I write this for those of you reading it in the future (hello, I'm Jon Lymon, and I'm probably a bit dead now) so you don't make the same mistakes.

One thing I've discovered is that the people most keen to follow me are fellow self-published authors.
I've been happy to follow back and have even initiated a few follows myself.

But I'm using Twitter to try and raise my profile and sell a few ebooks. And for my money, fellow authors aren't going to be up for buying my stuff (just as I'm not really up for buying their stuff). So why am I bothering?

I don't have an answer to that question right now. I suppose it's a case of wanting as many followers as poss. But recently, I've tried a change of tack and have started to follow avid readers, book bloggers, people into thrillers and horrors.

Problem is not many of these are following back.

Even bigger problem: since upping my Twitter usage, I've sold precisely zero books.

No comments:

Post a Comment